Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Catch Up...

I was filing my pictures and realized I miss some events between mom and dad's surgeries...
on the Sunday mom came home from the hospital, Molly and I went to our cousin Jayme's baby shower. Jayme and Chris welcomed their baby girl, Lauren Ansley a week ago today. From the pictures I've seen she is precious with a head full of black hair!
The dessert table with my favorite...cupcakes!
Everyone watches and mingles...

as Jayme opening presents...
Jayme with her gracious hostess and good friend, Kate.
Also, the weekend of mom's surgery, Ashley, Ray's sister, came to visit! You might remember that she spent last year tutoring and mentoring children in Harlem with City Serve. Ashley came to Memphis to interview for a Teaching Fellowship, where she would teach in inner city schools while getting her degree in education. Ashley also interviewed in Nashville and was chosen for their program! While I would love to have her in Memphis, I believe Nashville is a safer place and it is a sweeter deal as at the end of 3 years she will have her Masters in Education! However, I'm pretty sure she felt safer in New York as the house she was renting with some others in the program got broken into the first week they were there.