Wednesday, March 16, 2011
No Cream of Mushroom...
no fear. As I was seasoning my pork chops (after one side was already quick frying in 1T of oil), I realized I didn't have any cream of mushroom, so I thought quick on my feet and whisked together some milk, flour and honey (I have no idea how much of each or why I chose the honey). After quick frying the chops on each side, I removed from the oil to saute some fresh mushrooms, then returned the chops and poured my special sauce over top. I cooked them for 50 mins on low turning every 10 minutes while checking to see if we had some bread for PB&J just in case. Well we both thought they were the best pork chops ever! The pork chops were the boneless ones that are about 1.5" thick and I got them from WalMart, so nothing special...I'm saying it was my special recipe that did the trick! Now for Ray and my dad's sake, I hope my St. Patrick's Day corned beef turns out half as tender! I'm trying a new recipe this year and it is cooking for 2 hrs and 20 minutes tonight and then going to 'rest' till dinner tomorrow night! I'll share the 'beertastic' recipe tomorrow if it is worth sharing!