At work we started The Big Looser last Wednesday. Basically 15 of us put in $10. Whoever looses the highest percentage of body fat at the final weigh in on April 30th takes the pot. Do I think I will win, no way. I'm up against quite a few big guys. However, I did it to be a good team player. Plus I don't need a competition...I'm on a mission (just like I was in 2006). About the competition...there is a weigh in each week and if you loose you are good to go, if you stay flat you owe $1 and if you gain you owe $2. This week, we had 10 loose, 3 flat and 2 gain. Gain you might ask...yes! Some of the guys think that it is funny to temp each other with donuts and other sugary snacks!
My original goal was to loose 30 lbs before a trip the week of February 21st, but I realize that is not very realistic, but I do think 21 is reasonable. Then 30 lbs before I leave for China on March 19th. I'm still shooting for 60 by July 4th! And to the point where I am running most of a 5K by the 5K for Kids in May. Wish me luck!
After the first week, I really have not been that hungry overall except for when I skip my mid morning snack. I went with friends to eat Mexican 3 times in January and never once had a chip! I'm a huge fan of fugi apples and brown pears. I also like blackberries with Greek yogurt. Molly turned me onto the new yoplait key lime frozen yogurt bites...one 30 calorie bite cures my sweet tooth after dinner. Also, if I ever crave chocolate instead of not having it (which would just make me mad and want to cheat on my diet) I go for a 25 calorie cup of hot chocolate or a fiber one chocolate brownie. Both of which are fantastic!
Other things I want to document for January. I'm walking/running to music which is something I have not done before. I love it. It is almost as if you get lost. Personal favorite running songs for January are LAFMO's Party Rock Anthem and Florence and the Machine's Dog Days are Over. Right now, I'm going for 40 minutes (16 of which are spent running) 5 times a week. Overall I'm pretty happy...heck, if I can stay on this path I'll hit my goal weight in 8 months. Here's to a great February!