Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve...

December 24, 2008
So the stockings are hung and our dinner is ready. Headed to mom and dads for church and then everyone will come back to our house for our annual Christmas Eve dinner (shrimp and grits, beef tenderloin, Ray's smoked turkey and some sides). For the first time, I had to work on Christmas Eve (I thought this was a Holiday?!?). Needless to say, I was very bitter this morning and even missed Ray's Christmas lunch, but this is behind me now and I am so excited for Christmas...(make note...must save a vacation day next year). Besides the warm front, this afternoon has been great. I have been thinking today that besides going to church, we really don't do much to celebrate the birth of Jesus. When Lily gets bigger (or if we ever have kids), I'm going to start baking a birthday cake for Jesus. Email me if you have any traditions you would like to share. I'll leave you with one of mom and dad's Christmas card pictures...we thought when grandchildren came, we wouldn't have to be in the picture anymore, but we thought wrong! Merry, Merry Christmas Eve to everyone.