Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Easy Dinner...

October 7, 2009
As you know, I love to cook..Italian and Mexican are my favorites, but Italian is not quick so we usually have tacos or fahitas every week! I can tell 'off the shelf' spaghetti/pizza sauce from a mile away (I hate it)...so I usually make spaghetti sauce, stuffed shells and lasagna about once a year and freeze it. However, I was in Kroger and noticed Grasanti offered frozen meat sauce and since that is the meat sauce recipe I make, I decided to try it. It is delicious...like a spaghetti gravy...not super tomatoish, but you could probably add a bit of tomato paste/sauce if you wanted to zest it up. It's so easy, just pick up some fresh spinach for a salad and some bread, boil your pasta and heat your sauce...it taste as if it has been simmering all day! And I've recently been turned onto Emeril's Home style Marina (also only sold at Kroger) that I have been using for homemade pizzas and it taste very fresh (nothing like ragu!).