Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Christmas Spirit...

Has been all around me this week! Ray has been out of town this past week and I've been enjoying all things Christmas! I've addressed Christmas cards, wrapped presents, listened to way too much Christmas music and made some sweet treats. On Sunday after early church, I met Mom shopping. Monday I had some great friends over for a festive Holiday dinner (and a sneak peak at the new house). Last night I went to the 2nd annual I Love GROW Christmas party and what a fun time we had! Then tonight after work I rushed to More Than A Meal to help serve the annual Christmas dinner! MTAM is a weekly devotional/meal our church puts on for the needy and the homeless in the area and what a blessing it was to be at this event and hear their spoken prayer requests. Then in normal Thursday fashion, we went to wing night where we were greeted by carolers...as I sat there and listened to them I thought about what a wonderful neighborhood we live in and how happy December makes me...I just want to shout Merry Christmas to everyone! To me it is really all about spending time with the people you love, spreading cheer and hope to all around you and remembering Jesus is the reason for the season!