Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cooking Healthy...

I'm on a diet, well 'a lifestyle change.'  Calories add up so quick if you are not careful...believe me, I know (look at me).  Anyway, I joined my friend Sarah's 'April Challenge' and I lost 4 lbs last week (I don't think I was to weigh until April 30th, so don't tell Sarah!).  I'm basically eating healthy foods (1,500 calories a day), replacing one meal a day with shakeology and exercising 6 days a week.     Sarah has been talking about shakeology for years and I'm so glad I finally tried it!  It is delicious and I crave it now!

What I'm enjoying the most is trying out 'healthier' recipes.  Bobby Deen's cajun sliders were Shape magazine's featured recipe of the month.  They were awesome!  Here is the recipe if you are interested:
http://www.carymagazine.com/restaurant-row/bobby-deens-cajun-sliders
Ray said no less than 8 times "wow, these taste much better than I ever thought a turkey burger could taste."  Of course I made a few changes...all turkey meat, no mayo or onions and served on 100 calorie whole wheat sandwich rounds.
What's even better is that the weather has been great, so every dinner since Friday has been enjoyed in the back yard.  Happy Healthy Eating...Enjoy!