We will be leaving after work tomorrow and driving to Ray's grandparents for Thanksgiving. Then onto Asheville to spend the weekend with his parents. Might even catch Fulmer's last game. Tonight, I've been baking and the house smells so yummy! However, this time last year...I was in the KC airport. I was due to depart on a 2 pm flight that got canceled. I eventually got home at 12 am, just in time to repack and leave the next morning for Ray's grandparents. At that time, instead of getting mad like everyone around me, I decided to make a top 25 - I am Thankful for list...I read it often and on July 15th I was able to add Lily to my list. Since I plan to print this blog at the end of the year, I want to print my list so I can always have it to revert back to when things are not going so well.
I am thankful for (in no particular order):
1. My trust and faith in God
2. Family - my parents, my sisters and brother in law, my sweet niece,
my one living grandma, my in-laws and extended family
3. My loving, devoted husband who understands (and says he loves) everything about me
4. Friends (new and old)
5. Living near family
6. Time spent at home with Ray (when the house is clean :))
7. Beach Trips - the sun on your skin, the sound of waves crashing and the sand between your toes
8. Good recipes
9. On time flights
10. Well made plans
11. Reuniting family and friends – even watching people I don’t know at the airport reunite
12. Becoming an Aunt
13. Clean Sheets
14. Work – the people I have meet and learned from. Feeling appreciative for a job well done. Sell outs. (Remember this was last year, so HMK!). In '08, I am very thankful I now work for a company who is making good profits, where I have met some great people and that will hopefully let us leave early tomorrow!
15. My ability to see, hear, talk, read, walk, think, smell, and enjoy life
16. Cold, sunny days
17. Bath Time
18. Unexpected events that make you smile
19. Sunglasses
20. Good Health
21. Warm socks, scarves and hats
22. Tennessee football
23. Clothes that fit
24. Fast, wireless internet
25. Smiles, Hugs that give an extra squeeze and don’t pat your back
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Below is Ray's granddaddy enjoying his coffee after eating on Thanksgiving Day '07 .