Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy 'Hearts' Day

It is a tradition that I make Ray a heart cookie and he makes me chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day...and it is begining to be a tradition that we get each other the same Valentine's Day card...3 of the past 5 years we have gotten the same card for each other...kinda cool how we work like that. This year my heart pan got double use as I made us a heart pizza for lunch. Ray got me some beautiful flowers...tulips and hydrangeas, my favorite. Oh how I love, hate and miss Flowers. Yesterday, a friend and I went to see Valentine's Day (Ray wanted no part of this 'chick flick'). We were pleasantly surprised with the movie, better than we were anticipating...I have been day dreaming ever since I left the theatre...that is my dream shop...the shop in the movie is what I want my flower shop to be...it has a cute bakery on the side with soda fountain tables, just like my 'dream' flower shop. I want there to be coolers full of unique arrangement in all price points...I want walk-in traffic that comes and hand picks the bouquet for their special someone or for the centerpiece for the dinner party they are hosting that night...I keep asking myself, what city would a shop like this work in?

On the Olympic front...Did you see speed skating last night, I thought we were out of the medals for sure and then there was a wipe out and we had silver and bronze. The women's moguls - I do hope Canada wins a Gold in their home court, but how awesome was it for Hannah to take Gold for the US...oh how I love the Olympics...I've had them on all day as I have done laundry and worked on my upcoming review.
Happy Valentine's Day to each of you!