Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday#2

We had a 6am flight on Shanghai Air to Guangzhou.  Overall it was a good flying experience. From Guangzhou we traveled by cars to Dongguan to visit some filter factories.  It was noon when we got to the factory and they had McDonalds waiting...everyone had double cheeseburgers and fries.  Not a very healthy choice, but one that was well received by our group at this point in the trip (especially my boss who only eats fried rice at the Chinese meals!).  It was an awesome factory and I hope to do business with them.  We got checked into the Sofitel in Dongguan.  Hotel is very nice (I actually have a suite), but the beds are on plywood.  Since nothing phases me these days, I triple folded the down comforter and took off the bottom sheet to place on top and to wrap up in so all is good.  We had a HUGE Chinese dinner with the owners of the factory we are visiting tomorrow.  About midway through the pigeon heads and scaly fish, someone got an email from Delta saying that due to the impending typhoon in Tokyo (our layover) we needed to rebook for sometime starting Friday, but before October 25th!  You know, it is what it is, so I was just thankful we would be in Hong Kong which is very Western.  However, I knew we had a great travel team that would take care of us and I was right...our security department and travel agents got all over it.  They have asked us to go back to the Guangzhou airport on Tuesday night where they will have a flight for us to Beijing.  They believe if they can get us to Beijing, there will not be an issue getting us home by Friday.  I'm looking forward to getting on the flight and sleeping...5 hours has still been my maximum number of sleep hours since I have been here.  No problem falling asleep, but can't stay asleep.  I'm thinking I need to invest in some ambien like most others before my next trip.