Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday

Thursday morning I was able to sleep from 7:45 pm to 1:15 am.  Seriously, not sure why my body thinks it only needs 5 hours of sleep.  The Hyatt proved to be great, besides the fact that the air turned to heat about 2am.  Seriously don't understand these hotels.  We had a 6am train to Bengbu where we met with the largest filtration company in the world. This train ride was ideal...1st class comfy seats and my ticket was next to Marilyn and we are both reading Night Circus.  So far so good.  My vendor is a German company with lots of Brazilian management, so for lunch we got a pass on the lazy susan meal and were delighted for Pizza Hut.  Despite the canned corn, my veggie pizza was delicious.  After our eventful day, our crew of 6 and there crew of 6 headed to Shanghai.  When we got on the train, we were rudely awaken to the fact that our 12 people were assigned to 2 sleeper cars as this SLOW train to Shanghai didn't have a first class.  Four hours on a train...you have got to be kidding me.  Nope, due to the countries Holiday last week we were lucky to have a spot and at this point we just wanted to be in Shanghai where we get to check into a Marriott!  So, we all sat 3 to a crazy hard bed and were the only Americans on the train that didn't serve beer.  Needless to say, I didn't think a bathroom experience could be so bad, the air could be so stale and hot nor a seat could be so hard.  So what I do next will probably get me fired, but really at this point I didn't care, so I pulled out left, right, center with their VP of Americas and Asia!  Let's just say our car of 6 had a blast and the other car all had headaches from our dice bouncing and yelling!  It made the 4 hour SLOW train a little bit better.  We finally got into Shanghai and I am a hot, sweaty mess (I saw how the other girl with our party was looking and was scared to look in the mirror...seriously I had been sweating since 2am!), but they insist we go to dinner at one of their favorite places...a Brazilian steak house in the middle of China.  True Brazilian band and everything.  Never in a million years would I have ever thought a place existed, but really I could not have imagined ending the day any other way!  Till Friday...