Sunday, June 22, 2014

Oh how I love flowers...

Oh how I love flowers and how I have missed working with them.  I have people ask me if I do wedding flowers from time to time, but unless you are family I usually say no.  They are just hard to manage with a full time job.  However, when Ms Kim asked me back in February to do Lee's wedding I said yes.  I kinda shocked myself with that answer, but in my head I had been wanting to do another wedding.  It forced me to find a wholesaler, which was harder than I anticipated given most of the ones I knew from my Hallmark days had closed.  However, I now have a great connection with a wholesaler and they were wonderful to work with!   I am super thankful that my Aunt Marca came to help me.  She is so creative and is an excellent 'finisher' when it comes to the details and ribbon work and so much more.  All in all we had 2 large church arrangements, 4 bouquets (which were amazing and I can't believe I didn't take a picture of them, but I've already talked to the photographer to get some), 6 boutineers, 1 corsage, 1 princess head wreath, 23 tables, 6 high top tables, 2 guest book tables, a food table and a candy bar table to decorate.  I borrowed mom's car and it was packed full with flowers...I had them in buckets, totes and even the bathtub when I got home.  They were so beautiful and smelled lovely!  Lee wanted all white and it turned out so elegant.  Every arrangement was a bit different and I loved the mixture of the tall, short and trios.  I can't wait to see the photographer's pictures, because I was so focused I didn't take nearly enough of my own!
 The peonies were amazing!  Wish they were available year round.
 Oh and I was nervous about hydrangeas with the heat, but they were perfect for the most part!
Bathtub full of flowers...
 Getting ready to transport...
One of the church arrangements...
 A guest book arrangement...
 One of the tall table arrangements...the Cadre is such a beautiful building!