Saturday, October 11, 2014

Lots of cooking...

I really enjoy cooking, but I seem to cook the same thing all the time.  That is not a bad thing as we really like the recipes I make, but we needed to spice things up a bit!  So about a month ago I decided to make at least one new recipe a week.  I'm always pinning recipes and I finally put some to the test and I want to document them here so I can find them when I need them.  These were good, but we both decided I didn't need to make them again: Melt in your mouth chicken , Italian Mac and Cheese, Buffalo Wing Pretzels and Crab and Shrimp Bake.  On the other hand, we highly recommend these recipes:  Baked Chicken and Mushroom Skillet (this was all about the sauce and we decided the sauce would be good on fish, steak, pork chops, rice or even by itself!), New Orleans Style Shrimp and Rice (just the right amount of spice and a great flavor) and Bloomin' Baked Apple (we topped these with some vanilla ice cream and oh my they did not disappoint!).  I wish I had taken a picture of the apples because they were pretty too!
I also baked some salmon and made a sauce that we drizzled on top using Captian Rodney's as the base, some chopped pecans, brown sugar and soy sauce and WOW! it tasted like we were at a fancy restaurant...I hope I can duplicate that one again!  Happy Cooking...I'm off to find some new recipes as football plays on the big screen!