Sunday, October 26, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up!

Saturday was very busy, but oh so rewarding!  Jeni, Rebecca and I got to the community center extra early to ensure we had everything in place to renovate the PreK room prior to all the volunteers arriving.  The whole event was very well organized.  While we adopted the PreK room, the Grizzles' had a room they redid to turn into a study room and they also redid all the outside basketball courts! There were hundreds of volunteers from the community as well as guest appearance from most of the players.  Below is the PreK room prior to our renovation:
I think Tanky was more excited about the new dress up center than he was about meeting The Grindfather himself!
They are all tall, but against the kids they look crazy tall.  Some so much that the kids were scared of some of them!
The finished room!  Complete with an art center, reading center, media center (per their request) and housekeeping/dress up center.  The front of the room has a half moon desk with 4 spots for a teacher and kids to work in groups!
 One of the outside courts...so cool!
 Team pic with Tony Allen!
After I got home from the remodel, we went straight to a neighborhood tailgate to watch the Mississippi State vs. Kentucky game.  Then we hurried home as Ray made wings for the TN/AL game and we had some friends over to watch.  Brenner is one of the cutest, most personable TN fans I know!  He loved all the food and cheered hard for the Vols!
 The Hamburgers representing in their crimson!  Karen grew up in Tuscaloosa.
We had 3 TVs set up.  Tracy and Marcy both went to LSU, so they really enjoyed their game!  We also had the Ohio state game on the tiny tv for Julie since that is her alma mater.  It seemed to come in best when Ray held the rabbit ears!
Some of my very favorite friends!  The guys didn't want a picture, because they all went to TN and were not the best losers!  Despite Tennessee's loss, I believe everyone had a great time and I know everyone left stuffed from all the delicious food!  Fun, fun day and night!