Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Really..Christmas Adam already...

So looking forward to Christmas Eve tomorrow (that is if we don't blow away tonight...such strong winds). I have to work, but I'm not letting it bother me...just as long as I get off in time to go to candle light church service all is well...actually the few of us girls that will be there decided to make it festive and wear ugly Christmas sweaters and accessories...
Our stockings are hung...
Our tree is decorated and finally our presents have arrived and are wrapped...
What a wonderful, stress free, but busy Holiday season this has been...I hate I haven't posted more, but we have gone 90 to nothing...just this past weekend I helped with Breakfast with Santa at the Ronald McDonald House, hit the cute gift shops with Arden, celebrated Gavin's 3rd birthday at the farm, watched the Dallas/Saints game at a neighborhood Christmas party, went to church, Ray and I finally did our shopping, made a nice dinner and baked 8 dozen cookies (4 dozen were red velvet...delicious)....and I enjoyed every minute of it...I always look forward to getting home from work, but this time of the year I especially enjoy getting home so I can get the mail...I love Christmas cards...this year I posted them all on the pantry closet and have enjoyed looking at them every day.
Last night, mom and dad hosted the Jett's (Logan's parents) and the Jone's (Caleb's parents) for a Christmas dinner...too bad Ray's parents live too far away to come for dinner (plus they are still iced in). It was so nice and delicious...I was talking and didn't get any pictures...but I leave you with our orange Tennessee tinsel tree...
and my favorite Holly tree and my metal wall decor (that I got from Silver Star Hardware in Salt Lake City)

Today, I went to Ray's Christmas work lunch...I've never got to go before...with Hallmark this was a super busy day and then last year you might remember I wasn't allowed to leave work, but this year I went and had a blast. I've met the guys Ray works with several times, but it is always nice to visit with them...Ray's worked there almost 10 years, so it has been fun to watch every ones kids grow up...they really are like a big family. Happy Christmas Adam (a friend of mine said they were going to a Christmas Adam party - I looked at her very puzzled and she said...Brooke, you know Adam came before Eve!