Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Out of beer...

Miss Cordelia's posted they were closing so their employees could get home safely, but I think it is because they are out of beer and bread...seriously I bought the last loaf and everyone around me in line was complaining because they were having to buy crazy expensive beer because all the others were sold out. Every other grocery is out of milk, but ours is out of beer! One of the many reasons we LOVE Harbor Town. Seriously, we only got about 4" of snow, but the roads are horrible... it took us 30 minutes to go the 3 miles home. However, I'm not complaining as some of my coworkers were on the road for over 3 hours.
Today, I got the best surprise from a NOLA vendor...Royal King Cake from Manny Randazzos...by far the best one I have ever had! Kim got the baby, so she was "King" for the day!
While we are speaking of food, check out our Super Bowl spread! We went over to mom and dads because I asked her if she would make Vegetable soup for the "soup"er bowl and invite us over (mom's veggie soup is the best you will ever have and that was all I wanted while I was home sick with the flu). Well, I was finally feeling better on Sunday and had some appetizer recipes I had wanted to try, plus mom made spinach dip and dad boiled shrimp, so we had quite a spread! I'll have to share the Philly Steak dip that I made...it was very different and very delicious. Hope everyone enjoys their snow day tomorrow and I'm dreaming I get one too!