Monday, December 8, 2014

Grateful Heart

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Ray's family.  When I think of all the blessings in my life, my heart literally feels like it could explode.  So much to be grateful and thankful for today and always!  We started Thanksgiving morning off with the Hot To Trot Turkey Trot in Knoxville.
Followed by the annual Thanksgiving breakfast with the Howards!
Then we headed to Ray's aunt's house where we ate a wonderful turkey dinner.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a single picture again until Friday night when Ray's mom and I went to see the Beautiful Winter Light show at the Asheville Arboretum.  My phone hasn't been taking great pics lately and it especially doesn't like Christmas lights, but believe me when I say the displays were stunning.  
On our way home from Asheville, we continued our tradition of cutting down a fresh Fraser fir to bring home.  It had snowed in the mountains of Asheville and below is what the farm looked like early Saturday morning!  Simply breathtaking!
We picked our tree, got it tied into the truck and were on our merry way!
This is a 9.5' tree and it is full and lovely!  We placed it in our plastic stand on Sunday and I put lights on Monday and it fell over!  The thought of the tree falling over with all our keepsake ornaments  makes me sick to my stomach.  So, I went to Lowes and bought a metal stand (with a lifetime guarantee) and now it is standing pretty again!  Here's to hoping everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!