Sunday, December 21, 2014

Season of Advent

I am so enjoying this Season of Advent.  My heart is filled with peace, hope, love and joy!  It has been so PEACEful being able to fully enjoy the season and being able to give where needed.  I've shopped for Angel children, helped fill toy trucks, necessity baskets, red kettles, neighborhood libraries and food pantries and my heart is overflowing with joy that I'm able to do this and so much more. I've also enjoyed watching some Hallmark Christmas movies (I highly recommend you watch The Best Christmas Party Ever and The North Pole next time it comes on), making some new recipes and reading some Christmas books.  It hasn't been all play...I have had conference calls and shared meals with potential employers.  Never in a million years did I imagine I would have so many opportunities without even looking!
Last week I got to attend some of the GROW Christmas parties.  These pictures were at Brewster Elementary where after we read Snowmen at Night, did a craft and snowman math worksheet with all 6 classes of PreK and K, we presented each child with a long sleeve uniform shirt as a Christmas present.
This school gives me HOPE for public school education in Memphis.  Such well behaved and well educated inner city children.  
As well as thankful!  Besides these precious thank you notes from all the kids, the teachers even had us a thank you reception for everything we have done over the year.  The chair of this committee rocks and what a wonderful partnership we have formed with this school.
We were made aware that one of our GROW families was in need of a washer and through the power of social media we had one secured for them within 12 hours.  Our friends Kembree and Tony had purchased new ones on Black Friday and graciously donated their old ones.  I had the honor of escorting Santa's sleigh (aka Director Casey) to make this pick up and delivery.  I can't think of a better way to spend my days!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone