Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My first full week off between jobs...

Was packed full!  I did a lot of cleaning on Monday and then a little shopping with mom.  Emily's birthday was on Tuesday, so mom and I went and had lunch with her at Mikes in Colt and we took her her favorite cupcakes and cookies.  It was very good and Layne was so excited!
At the last minute, Caleb and Emily decided to come to dinner at McEwens' and they invited us to come for drinks before hand at the Peabody.  The Peabody is always beautiful, but even more so at Chrsitmas!
Then they insisted we went to dinner with them (and how can we say no, when McEwens' is our favorite restaurant, plus it was Emily's birthday!).  It was delicious as always!
Wednesday after a goodbye lunch with an old vendor and lots of errands, I ended up going with mom to take dad to the hospital.  In the end he had kidney stones again and man I hate it for him.  I know it has got to be so painful.  After 2 nights in the hospital and a surgery to blast them into little pieces, he came home on Friday.  Hopefully it will be a long time before they make another appearance!
On Thursday night, I left the hospital to attend our GROW Thursday night Christmas program where the Nutcracker Remix preformed.  These kids LOVED it!  They watched for an hour and were so engaged.  I love how they are starting to really appreciate the arts!