A few weeks ago, Jennifer and I enjoyed a Sunday afternoon at the Viking Cooking School...we learned about my favorite subject...cupcakes (& cake balls-which I will leave out, because I think they are disgusting!). Our instructor was great and even served us a delicious quiche during our break. We made Caramel Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing, Caribbean Carrot Cake Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream, Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes with Ganache as well as practiced decorating techniques with fondant, marzipan (check our my adorable carrots and apples) and decorator's frosting. So much fun and all of the cupcakes were delicious. I think we are going to take cake decorating next!
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Cupcakes...
September 13, 2009
A few weeks ago, Jennifer and I enjoyed a Sunday afternoon at the Viking Cooking School...we learned about my favorite subject...cupcakes (& cake balls-which I will leave out, because I think they are disgusting!). Our instructor was great and even served us a delicious quiche during our break. We made Caramel Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing, Caribbean Carrot Cake Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream, Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes with Ganache as well as practiced decorating techniques with fondant, marzipan (check our my adorable carrots and apples) and decorator's frosting. So much fun and all of the cupcakes were delicious. I think we are going to take cake decorating next!


A few weeks ago, Jennifer and I enjoyed a Sunday afternoon at the Viking Cooking School...we learned about my favorite subject...cupcakes (& cake balls-which I will leave out, because I think they are disgusting!). Our instructor was great and even served us a delicious quiche during our break. We made Caramel Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing, Caribbean Carrot Cake Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream, Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes with Ganache as well as practiced decorating techniques with fondant, marzipan (check our my adorable carrots and apples) and decorator's frosting. So much fun and all of the cupcakes were delicious. I think we are going to take cake decorating next!