Tuesday, September 9, 2008

And I thought they just rang the bells at Christmas...

September 9, 2008
So, I don't usually post logos, but I wasn't allowed to take pictures during my field trip today. I had an all day new hire orientation. My new company is a very philanthropic organization and gives to over 150 non-profits in Memphis. They are the top donor to the Salvation Army Memphis. We boarded a bus (with our sack lunch) and went to the new Salvation Army building downtown. It was a new women's shelter. I've passed the building 100's of times, but never realized what amazing things were happening inside and what wonderful people worked/lived there. They even have a state of the art day care center. I almost asked if they were hiring, but didn't think that would be a smart move considering the company! The day really gave me a new perspective of my new employeer.